Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Manmade: Worry Beads

I'm not much of a maker. I can paint and draw and bedazzle the shit out of things, but my boyfriend is the one who really creates things out of nothing. It's a good system: he builds it, I decorate it.

He is quite good at making worry beads or prayer beads. A few years ago he was churning these out every week, and recently, he suggested I sell some of them. 

First beads he ever made me. Carved from a solid chunk of brass. Will never be for sale.

I also love these frosted transparent chetki he made me. Looks like a snake.

Tortoiseshell Russian chetki. SOLD.

Multicolor "Galaxy" Russian chetki. SOLD

Large Russian rosary, for sale on Ebay.

Cherry red Greek Komboloi, for sale on Ebay.

-J



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. My husband and I custom make these beads. If you're interested we can work with you to create your perfect beads. Let me know if you're interested!

      The large clear Russian rosary and cherry red Greek Komboloi are both still for sale though.

      Delete