Sunday, May 29, 2016

Navajo Art

My original plan was to haul a bunch of stuff back on our road trip. We were going to scour Midwestern antique stores, desert swapmeets, city flea markets, and maybe even check out Navajo roadside stalls, but when the car died and we had to fly home, I knew "pack light" would have to be my new modus operandus.

The things I did purchase were small and light, and coincidentally enough, all Navajo.


Placemat purchased at Monument Valley 

Thunderbird sand painting also purchased at Monument Valley

Small rug purchased from Route 62 Vintage Marketplace on the western outskirts of Yucca Valley


And this last item was actually a gift from a friend of mine in Joshua Tree.

Desert sandpainting

I really wish I could've brought back some bigger items, like a rug or vase, or even a piece of furniture, but alas, that will have to wait for next time!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment